Likes, comments, direct messages, and stories are the various prominent methods to communicate with your Instagram followers. Still, polls are an excellent and likely entertaining way for your followers to engage in your feed.
Understanding how to create a poll on Instagram can unlock the opportunities to further information about what kinds of content your followers need to view more in your posts, stories, live videos, or IGTV videos. When people submit their answer to your poll, you’ll be able to see how many votes each answer got and how everybody voted.
Two Instagram features enable you to create polls. You can create a poll both with your stories and a direct message. Here, we explain to you the method to create polls with the Instagram stories.
Story to read: How to View Private Accounts On Instagram
How to Make a Poll with Instagram Stories
Instagram stories are random photos or short videos that help you share what you are preparing at the time with your followers. When you share a new story, your followers’ home tabs look like a bubble at the top of the feed and disappear after 24 hours automatically.
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device and, if necessary, sign in to your account or switch to the account you want to use.
- Tap your Story profile picture ring at the top of your home feed or swipe right on the screen from the feed to enter the story camera tab.
- Choose a photo or record a video to make your story. Add filters, stickers, or editing effects to customize your story, precisely the style you want.
- From the story preview tab, press the sticker button on the top of your screen.
- Press the POLL sticker.
- Write a question you need to ask your followers in the Ask a question section. It may be a yes or no question, which is the poll’s default response, or you can ask a query that requires customizing two different answers like; blue/red, warm/cold, today/tomorrow, on/off, etc.
- If you would like to change your two poll answers, press the YES button, and write your desired response in the field. Do the exact with the NO button.
- When you are satisfied with your poll settings, tap Done in the top right section.
- Your poll will show up on your story. You can tap and keep your finger on it to move it around your screen, and you can even take two fingers on it and drag them outward or inward to modify its size.
- Once you are satisfied with how your poll seems on your story, you can click Your Story in the bottom left of the screen to post this to your stories, touch the Close Friends option to share it exclusively with who you have picked as your closest friends in the app or tap Send To > to choose friends to send this to them.
Story to read: Ways to Use Instagram Live Feature to Build Brand Presence