Spotify is regarded as the king of the digital marketing world as a music streaming app. Every other person is accessing this music application through a variety of devices. Some people access it through smartphones, while others play their favorite music on their laptops. Given that Spotify is an application used by millions of users worldwide, this platform brings some issues for its users. Today, in this post, I’m going to highlight the common Spotify problem alongside some solutions, so let’s get started.
Spotify is Not Working?
When Spotify is not working on your smartphone, then you need to try the following solution.
Solution 1- Open and Close App
Sometimes, you have opened tons of applications, and Spotify doesn’t get the required power, so it stops working.
What to do? open and close a Spotify app
Solution 2- Restart Your Device
If the first solution doesn’t work, then the next thing to do is to restart your smartphone.
On your iPhone:
- Press and hold the power button, then slide to power off pops on your screen
- Swipe this Icon to shut it down completely.
- Please wait for 2 minutes and hold the power button again to turn it on.
On your Android phone:
- Press both side volume buttons for some time. A menu will appear.
- Pick Restart option.
Solution 3- Check Software update.
In case the Spotify app is not working, then maybe you have its old-version.
On your android phone:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Go to Menu on the top right and then Choose Apps and Games.
- Find Spotify in the list of applications. Click on the update.
- Once you update this application, please turn it on and see whether the problem goes away or not.
On Your iPhone
- Go to App Store and then Open Your Account (on top right corner)
- In the account section, check whether there is any update available for Spotify.
- If there is an update, click the blue button.
- Now check whether the application is working or not.
Solution №4 Clean Reinst
When you tried all those methods and still have a question, why doesn’t Spotify work? Then indeed, you need to go with this one. You will delete the existing Spotify app and then reinstall it. However, before you delete or reinstall the app again, you need to clear its cache and history from your device. Spotify keeps data in the cache, which sometimes get corrupted and gives users a bad experience with applications. Sometimes, the answer to the question of why is Spotify not working” lies in the Cache folder, so let’s deal with it.
Step №1 Clear Cache on Android Phone
- Go to Settings, Open Application Folder
- Find Spotify and then click on Storage and Cache.
- Tap on Clear cache.
Step №2 Reinstall Spotify On Your Android Phone
- Press and hold the app icon app for two seconds, and you will see a trash bin.
- Move your app to that bin, and your application will be deleted.
- Go to the Google Play store, search for Spotify, and install it.
Step №1 Clearing Cache on iPhone
On iOS devices, you don’t find a clear cache button. You will check the individual app to clear its history. Here is how.
- Open Spotify app
- Go to Home, pick Settings and Open Storage
- Tap on the Delete cache option
Step №2 Reinstalling Spotify On Your iPhone Device
- Press and hold the app icon for a second, and you will see a drop-down box.
- Tap on the Edit Home screen, and you will see a minus icon on the top corner of every application.
- Choose the cross icon on the Spotify app and delete it.
- Go to App Store, use the search bar at the bottom, and find the Spotify app.
- Reinstall it.
How to Fix Spotify not connecting to the internet?
It would be best if you had an excellent internet connection to run Spotify. Sometimes, you notice that your music is loading and loading; nothing plays. Other times, Spotify not connecting to the internet error shows. It’s time to find out a solution to this common Spotify problem.
- Check Your Internet Connection
- Please turn off your WiFi-Device or reboot it.
- Let your smartphone get connected to it.
- To ensure that you are connected with WiFi, check the top Menu on Android or go to Connectivity→ WiFi on your iPhone.
- Switch off WiFi and turn it on on your device, just to give your connection a quick refresh and boost.
In case you are using cellular data, check your network signal, and turn off and on your Data.
In case you still have a question, why is my Spotify not working? After trying the first method, then go with the second solution.
Sometimes, your app cache is full, and therefore you are facing a delay in the connection of Spotify and the internet. Here is a quick fix.
- Put your Smartphone on Airplane mode for at-least Two minutes.
- Turn it Off and let your device get connected to an Internet connection.
In case both solutions don’t work, and you still face internet connectivity problems, then it’s time to change your network. The reason is your unreliable internet connection. To offer you the best streaming service, this application requires a reliable internet connection. So, it would help if you changed your WiFi or Cellular Data provider.
How to fix Spotify not responding on Windows and iMac
Sometimes, you are running the Spotify app on your laptop when this application starts responding. Here are some solutions to this common Spotify problem on PC and Laptop.
Solution №1 for Windows: Use Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete at the same time.
- A task manager will appear. Choose spotify.exe and close it.
- Double-tap on Spotify, and it will be up and running.
Solution №2 for Windows: Clean Reinstall
Like I already share, a person needs to remove Spotify’s cache and then delete and install it again to give it a fresh start; you need to do the same on Windows.
- First of all, you need to uninstall Spotify by right-clicking on the app and then uninstall.
- Then Go to My Computer and find a folder.
- Could you delete it?
- After that, search Spotify for Windows online and Download it.
- Reinstall Spotify now
How to Fix Spotify Not Responding on MAC
- Install a cleaner application on your MAC laptop
- Open this application and choose Spotify.
- It will uninstall Spotify from your device and also clear its data from your device.
- Search and download Spotify for Mac from your browser.
- Reinstall it
I know that when you keep experiencing a common problem that Spotify isn’t working, it’s quite frustrating. However, you should try some simple solution like opening-closing the app and restarting your device first. Sometimes, minor software problems cause low functioning of an application. Make sure that your internet connection is stable so that you can stream Spotify flawlessly. Clean reinstall should be your last resort because when nothing works and you still have a question why is my Spotify not working, it’s a kind of solution that offers you relief and peace of mind. I have shared multiple solutions of standard connectivity and response issues of Spotify. Still, facing some other problem? Comment below so that I can find the best fit for you.
If you want more guidance about social media. You can visit our blog.